Sunday, March 7, 2010

Inspired by the Mushrooms at the end of Alice in Wonderland

Ok... so while I was watching the movie today, the end had these really pretty 3D mushrooms growing while the credits were running. So I came home and wanted to color one of the Cornish Heritage Farms Mushroom Lane mushrooms. 

I actually picked the colors and colored them first, and then realized that I had bought this plaid paper today (Vintage Blue Sugar Plum) from We R Memory Keepers that matched almost perfectly. That is about as lucky as I ever get with colors.

The mushroom cap was R81, R83, R85 and a bit of R89.  The Green is G82, 85 and some G28 thrown in to darken it. The stem of the mushroom is E71, 74, 77.The grass is G20 with a bit of G21 to add some shadow. The path is E31, 33, 35.  The sky was airbrushed with B32 and 34 with some spots of BV01.

Thanks for stopping by again. I hope you come back again. 

2 comments:

  1. Your coloring is amazing.. I love this.. You did a fantastic job.. the depth of color is perfect.. Very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. what a fun image and your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete