Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Black Hair Blowing in the Wind

The latest Copic Creations Challenge #26 is challenging participants to color black hair. This was definitely a challenge for me. I have a blonde and a light brown haired daughter. I have red hair. Black hair is NOT something I color much. 

The artist for this image is ~ Princess Elemmiriel  of  deviant.   Her lineart is really beautiful and they are free - provided you credit her.

The C5, 7, 9, 100 copics were used to color her hair. I laid down a base of the C5. In retrospect I would probably use the C3 next time, as I had to remove some color later. Where I wanted to have the darker areas I added the C7, then the C9. Then went back over with C5 to blend. At the end I added a bit of the 100 copic to darken a bit more. Then I took the blender and removed a little of the color in the lighter areas to lighten it a bit more. Finally I added a bit of white gel pen for the highlights. The skin is E0000, 000, 00, R20, and the blue is B14, 16, 18. The background is B00.

Once I was done, I put it in a Nestie and cut out most of the image leaving the tendrils out of the Nestie. I then layered it on some pink cardstock cut with the oval scalloped Nestie.  The design paper is one of my favorite Basic Grey paper Lime Rickey. I placed the pink scallop with the image on it, and then cut out some of the image so it looked like wind blowing and curling. This was put on a black card base and cut out again. After all that, I added some bling to give it a little sparkle.

I like how it turned out. Again, a bit different for me, but fun to do. I hope you enjoyed the card, and will come visit again!

-Alaine

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful image you have chosen to color!! I just love your coloring!
    Thanks for joining us at Copic Creations!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete