Friday, July 16, 2010

Twirling Star

I haven't had much time to be crafty this week. We have been redoing two of the rooms in our house, so all my time has been spent there... but I wanted to upload something I did a while ago. I love the crisp blue and white, and how it just pops. 

For this card I used Outlines Rubber Stamps Star of David Squares Large and small and Mazel Tov stamp.


I started with a white card base. I stamped the large square twice on white with Versamark and heat embossed it with blue Zing.  I cut out the inner star from both, being careful to not clip the outer edge of the square. I also cut out the outer box design. I stamped the small square twice on the blue cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed it with white Zing. I cut out the outer box with design on this.

I took the two white stars and glued them together with a string running through the center of it. I placed the blue boxes around the star, and did the same thing - - glued them back to back with the string running through two opposing corners.

I layered the blue on the white, and then more white on blue cardstock. I cut out a square on the diagonal slightly bigger than the inside of the outer box I had stamped and cut earlier. I layered the white boxes on two blue squares that had been cut out slightly bigger than the white boxes as well. I ran the string through the  center of these two squares and placed one on the front of the card and the other on the inside of the card.
Once I had glued all of this down and had my spinning star, I cut out the stamped, embossed Mazel Tov, and put them right below the stars.  To finish it out I cut out the corners with some Cuttlebug fancy corners. To add to it, I layered a blue cardstock on the inside of the card as well.

I hope all of that made some sense. Next time I do something like that I will try to take pictures along the way.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you come back soon.

~Alaine

1 comment: