Sunday, July 25, 2010

You would think I would be tired of Pink and Black

So, we have just finished redoing our youngest girls room in Hot Pink and Black and White. And it is VERY hot pink. So based on that, I would think that I would be over the pink... but I keep picking it up for cards now.
This one is using the Bombshell stamps Sugar Skulls stamps.

I stamped it with Memento and then colored it with Copics. The skulls I added some B0000 and B000 to the edges to provide some shadow. The pinks are R81, 83, 85, the Reds R22, 24, 27 and the Greens YG03, 06. There is some yellow - - a little bit Y0000, Y000.  I also used some Spicas. Mainly clear Spica on the teeth and over anything I colored. I used a little light blue spica for the swrils, and Lime green for dots and swirls.


Once I was done, I cut them out and added the crystals in their eyes. To make them stand out I wanted to mount them on black. I had these little white chipboard scalloped squares. They were glossy white... so I tried a little experiment. I took my black 110 Copic Marker and airbrushed them. I thought they would end up matte black, but they came out glossy which was great. (BTW - - the bottom square is one size larger than the other three). I used pop dots and popped the skulls up a bit, then I took two white ribbon flowers and added them to two black boxes on the side.

Thanks for stopping by. I had a great time doing this. Hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment