Friday, September 24, 2010

Bombshell Stamps World Card Making Challenges

So, Apparently (this was news to me too :-) )  World Card Making Day is on October 2.  So to honor that, Bombshell stamps is hosting several challenges leading up to the big day.
Every few days between now and October 2nd one of the design team members will post a challenge for you!

The “rules” are simple:
1. Use Bombshell Stamps somewhere on your project.
2. All submissions will be eligible for Bombshells' monthly drawing.
3. Challenge submission cards should be posted in the appropriate challenge thread on Bombshell's forum.
4. All posted entries will receive a 25% off coupon toward the purchase of Bombshell Stamps.
5. Feel free to participate in one or more of the challenges.
6. The deadline to post your challenge submissions--World Card Making Day, Saturday, October 2, 2010

The first one is hosted by Kathi:

"My challenge is to use the smaller stamps and/or icons included in each set of Bombshell Stamps to create a project of any kind. These stamps are great to use to create backgrounds, to use as embellishment accents, to decorate elements, or to support the larger focal image of each set. Use as many icons from as many different sets as you can to create a cohesive project!"

I am a little late on this, since I have been out of town on business this week, but I was able to finish this card today!

I used Flowers from three different sets. Two from Bombshell Angel, one from Sugar Skulls and one from Butterfly Queen. I colored them with all sorts of Copic colors, and then cut them out. I then used my newly acquired Lacey Circles Nesties, adn cut out some circles, and then layered the flowers in a wreath around it. I then added some more of the lacey circle nesties in the middle and added the final two layered flowers on top. I used Foam tape to adhere the flowers and the circles to give it some dimension.

After adhering them together I wrote Be Happy on the banner and mounted it to the white cardstock with the lacey border cut with MS punch around the page.

Challenges Entered: 
  • Bombshell Stamps World Card Making Day Icon Challenge
  • Bombshell Stamps - September Challenge -Rise to the Occasion
  • SplitCoast Stampers - F4A31 - Scallops
Thanks for stopping by. I have a lot more to work on this weekend. Don't forget the Bombshell Stamps Monthly Blog Hop coming up this week! and check out some of the other challenges!

~~Alaine

2 comments:

  1. Super card, Alaine! It is just so gorgeous, I had to comment again even thought I left you a comment in the BSS forum. Awesome work ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaine, this is so stunningly gorgeous that it made my jaw drop. I love how you colored all those flowers and can't believe that:
    (a) You cut them all out.
    (b) That you cut them all so precisely. Those babies are small!

    I love how you used the Nestabilities and layered the flowers.

    Wow. Really. WOW!

    ReplyDelete