Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Christmas for this week

So, I have a few cards to share today. The first set is a series of Quick Christmas Cards I made using Outlines Rubber Stamps. I used Joy Ornament Sq Large and Merriest Christmas Sq Large. I used a sparkly white and gold paper, and Versamark and Gold and Silver EP, and then cut out the squares and mounted them with the outer square directly on the card, and the inner square popped up using foam tape.


The second card I am putting up was made for the Color Me Copic Challenge #5. The challenge was to color using the clothes coloring technique shown on the blog. I have to admit, this is NOT how I usually color, and it was difficult. I typically color all over light and then add the dark. For this challenge we were to color dark in the shadows and then blend them out using lighter colors. Some of the Design Team did GORGEOUS GORGEOUS samples.
I cut out the image with a Nestie, and while still in the Nestie I used the BV000, and the BG72 to give it a little bit of an edge that matched the color of the DP.  The DP is BoBunny, and I made a white double bow. I added a bit of blingy bling on the upper right corner to balance out the white sparkly snowflakes on the left.  We wish you A Merry Christmas was stamped as the last bit with Versafine.
I used BV000, BV01, BV02, and BV04 using this technique. Well... I used them in reverse order.  :-) I may use this technique occasionally, but I feel more comfortable with the reverse. I feel like I have more control over my final image hues. Like I said though, Some of the design team had GORGEOUS cards, and I may need to practice - especially with those golds. That angel on their site was amazing.

For the hair I used E25, 27, 29. The bear was E31, 33, 35, and then I dotted the fur with the colorless blender to give it a little texture.

Hope to see you again soon. Have a great week.

~~Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment