Friday, January 14, 2011

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 100th Celebration Blog Hop

I love Flourishes stamps. Really... I LOVE THEM. So when they challenged us to pick our favorites for their 100th Challenge, well.... I could NOT pick. All the stamps were screaming at me that they were my favorite. Out of the ones that initially screamed the loudest, in the end just sat there militantly pouting that I hadn't used it in a long time, and it deserved to be picked. I know I shouldn't give in, but I felt drawn to it. Maybe it reminded me of someone? :-)

Humming Along is so pretty, and one of my other favorite things to do is the feathering technique merging two different colors into a new one, so I decided to color the trumpet blooms in this manner.


I used RV32 and 34 with R39 to create the petals. These fade into YR31, Y32 and a touch of Y35. For the leaves I mixed some series together a bit too. I used YG21 on the outer edges. Then I colored G21 all over each leaf, even over the YG21. This gave some yellowish highlights to the green. I then added my shading with G24 and 28 and went back over it with G21 to blend. In the end I lightly colored the YG21 again. I added gold stickles to the centers of the flowers that you can see. The Background is B32.

Once done, I used the out of the oval technique to cut the oval and leave all the image intact, while still being able to get it in the center of the largest beaded Nestie. Another favorite go to of mine is to airbrush while still in the Nestie. This is what I have done with the beaded oval Nestie, again using the B32. I added the pearls in (another fave technique - gotta have some bling) and made a bow with my new Bow Easy toy.

So Faves abound in this one - Coloring, Bling, Nesties, Airbrushing and of course Flouriushes stamps.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you back again soon. To get back to the blog hop click HERE!!!

~~ Alaine

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love your framing and pearl accents!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Your coloring is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning- love all the layering and those delicious pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. We used the same set. I love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh beautiful! Love the layered die cuts and the ribbon! Set off this great image beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Alaine! I love the purples and oranges together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. You coloring is magnificent! I love how you layered the dies and then added the pearls around the outer one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, it's so hard for me to pick between the sets too....but you picked beautifully and your feathering is just gorgeous Alaine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow....! gorgeous coloring of the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. I really like how you airbrushed the color on the beaded nestie. Just tied the whole thing together. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hI
    love those beautiful colours !!
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xx

    http://ellascraftcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exquisite coloring! Such a stunning and elegant card! Thanks for sharing your steps in coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous creation! I love the feathering technique you have described and used here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome project! I love your dies and the layout. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So gorgeous! Wonderful coloring! Thanks for playing the FTTC100 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Stunning color work on the image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply GORGEOUS Alaine! You have so many fab details on your card that I also love :)!!! Thank you for taking the time to celebrate with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I love the image you coloured and the card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning....love the pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What gorgeous frames and beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow--I love how you photographed this card. It really shows it off well. Also, I'm very jealous of your airbrush....I so want one of my own. One day, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgoeus! Love that flower image and the dies you used. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful colouring!! I love the combination of nesties.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful, beautiful! I just purchased this set but haven't used it yet. Your card is wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful, your coloring is stunning!! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. EEK!! This is soooo gorgeous!! I love your amazing coloring and the image is extended from the frame! Brilliant card!! Thank you for playing the FTTC100 Blog Hop with us.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Alaine, this is gorgeous! The colors, detailing, and coloring are divine! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for celebrating Flourishes FTTC100 with us!

    ReplyDelete