Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hey Y'all

Hey there all you peeps out in Blogland. I am having a GREAT day here today. Woke up this morning to find out that I had won at Kenny K's challenge. WOO HOO!!!!  Very exciting. I have a pretty new badge on the side of my blog now. I also figured out how to make 3 collumns on my blog page. YAY.


For the latest card I have done, I colored this lovely lady from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps. They are having a challenge over there that is Fairy Tales. OK... so I don't have a specific fairy tale I am working with, but whenever I think Fairy Tales, I think SOMEBODY has to be poisoned. I also went with the colors from the latest iCopic Challenge which are purple, green and orange (shudder on the last one). After adding the embellies, I turned it into an easel card, one of my favorite card types to make. I modified it a bit, because I have trouble keeping it standing as I want when I have an oversized card, so I added a folded piece of paper with velcro on the back  so that it will stay in place when stood up.


Her dress is YG11, 13, 17 for the green. The purple is V12, 15, 17, and the greys are cool grey. Her hair is YR00, 02, 07 and then I added R08 in to darken some spots. At the end I went over all of it with Y21. I like how it gives a glow in certain areas. Her skin is E000, E00, E01, R20. I cut her out with a Nestie, and then I airbrushed all around her with W00, W1, and W3 closest to the edges.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I have a tutorial posted over at Bombshell Stamps Blog on making faux metal paper. I hope to post another card soon that I have made using this technique... Someone has to get it first though! COME ON USPS!!!!! Get it delivered!!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations again, Alaine on the win over at Kenny K's. How do you get 3 columns - I have tried over and over and can't find any sort of instructions. If you see this, and you have a minute, would you drop me a line? Thanks so much! rodeo8@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Alaine! And well done on your KK win too!

    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with Perfect Poison!! Love the colour of her hair!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete