Sunday, January 2, 2011

Is it a Mermaid or a Rose Bush?

I ordered several new stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps over the holidays including this one called Blue Rose Tattoo. I think these are so beautiful.. I was thinking gorgeous girl, wonderful flowers... then I started coloring her.  I realized that the leaves and flowers were growing out of her fingers and hair.. WOW... didn't get that before I ordered her. Now, I thought it was WAY cool, but it kinda threw me a bit in the coloring department, because is her hand skin colored or stem colored?

I attempted to make it a transition.. but it was after I caught the change... so it was a little more difficult.  The Tail Scales were colored with BG10, 11, 13, 15 Once they were done I went back over them with YG11, to give them a subtle change of colors.I did the same thing with her eyes. The leaves and tail fin are G20, 21, 24, 28. He skin is E000, 00, 01 and a bit of R20 in places (cheeks, etc). Her hair is E11, 13, 15, 17, 18. At the end of some of it I transitioned into the green. I tried to feather it out to make it seem as if it was a natural extension. The roses are YR21, 23 and touched up with R22 to give it a variegated look.  Once I was done coloring her, I edged her with BG0000 and BG000 behind her and feathered out to make it fade.

The DP is Origins from Basic Grey. The ribbon is a white ribbon that I colored with E15 Copic to match her hair. I used a Bow Easy to make the triple bow.

I hope you enjoyed her. Like I said, I didn't get all the subtleties of the image when I bought it, but now I think it is even cooler - need to go check out all the other images! I am entering this into the "In A Sweet Pea Dream" Challenge this week which is Ribbons and Bows.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon.

Alaine

4 comments:

  1. I have several Sweet Pea images, but an so intimated to try and color them. I so appreciate you listing your Copics - it is always helpful! She is beautifully done and love how you transitioned her hand into green, as well as the ends of her hair - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color transition on her hand and hair. Such a gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I never know if I am going to transition mine or just kind of make them into regular fingers... like you said don't always see that when you order them, glad I'm not alone lol. You did an awesome job here, she is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your color pallet, she is fabulous!!!

    Thanks a bunch for joining in on our challenge this week. Good luck and I can not wait to see more of your marvelous artwork!

    KymKreates
    Sweet Pea DT

    ReplyDelete