Sunday, January 16, 2011

Unique Fold Paper Prettie

This weeks challenge over at Paper Pretties  is Unique or Non-Traditional Folded cards. I chose their Giving Thanks Sofia as the focal image. I think it is adorable that she is holding out her dress, and the Thank You sentiment fit so well on it.

I chose to do a Spring Card. The tutorial is located HERE on SplitCoast. For Sophia I colored her with Copics. The colors:

Skin E0000, E000, E00, R20
Hair E11, 13, 15, 17, 18
Flower RV10, 13, BG10, 11, 13
Dress and Hair bow BV00, 11, 13, 17

I like how her dress scallops out. I colored the entire dress with the BV00, and then in each scallop, I started with BV11 and did a single feather stroke up the dress. I did that again with the BV13... and then again with the BV17 over it. This made the streaks in the dress that look like pleats. You can see in the close up where the starting point for each scallop was...I need to work on making it more subtle. :-)

Once I was done coloring her, I cut her out with a Nestie, and then airbrushed the BG0000 and BG000.

I then decided to mirror her dress with the scalloped circles of the background.

Thanks for stopping by. Going to go do some coloring now before the work week starts again!!!! Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. How adorable, I love this card and I love that you put the sentiment on the image. TFS

    ReplyDelete