Monday, January 10, 2011

Vintage Sweet Peas

Hello Ladies. We have a LOVELY blanket of snow out today, and I am at home with my kiddoes. Ok... so, I am really just kind of scared to drive on the ice and snow, so I am taking a break from working online at home to post this card that I completed last night. This is using the Flourishes Sweet Peas set that I got for Christmas. I colored the sweet peas with RV2x series, and the YG2x series. Once I had it colored, I cut it out with a nestie and then airbrushed the edges while still in the nestie with B21. I then cut out the red matting from the next size up nestie.

I found a piece of Bazzill pink (not sure the exact color) cut it to the size I wanted and cross hatched it on my score board every 1/2 inch. Once that was done I swiped my white ink (Imprintz Pigment) and then used white EP over that. It wasn't an exact science, and didn't show up only on the crosshatching, but I love the distressed look it gives without distressing much.  I placed a piece of lace across the center, and used white pearls in two different sizes to dress it up a bit. The white ribbon was formed into a double Bow on my bow easy... and  placed on top of the stem bunch.

I am entering this in two different Flourishes Challenges... first the FLLCJAN11 Release Challenge which was to use the colors of love (pink, red and white); Second the BBB06 challenge - Bringing Back Beautiful, the Beauty of Vintage challenge. This one was to use vintage on the creation - i.e. lace, old buttons, etc...

Thanks for stopping by... See you again really soon.


~Alaine

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! You worked two challenges in together. Woohoo! I love it when that happens. Thanks for playing at BBB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaine...this is so pretty. I love the Sweet Peas set. Your card turned out great. We were home here in NC today too.. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made a beautiful card with these very lovely sweet peas! Nice soft effect with the airbrushed edges. I love all things vintage. Stay warm, and thanks for joining Flourishes' challenges!

    ReplyDelete