Sunday, February 20, 2011

One last post for today, only because I want to get it into the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge for the week, and I am awake right now. Just so you know, mixing Design Papers is one of my nemeses. Seriously. It is usually so hard for me to do because there is such a small space, and usually the paper pattern is so big, and well... I just struggle with it. I didn't have as much trouble with this one. Maybe because they were from the same matstack? Who knows. 
The challenge this week at Flourishes was to  use 3 or more Design Papers. EEEEEeeeeeeekkk. OK... so in this one I used technically 4, but I think I am going to count the base as 5, because it is not a solid taupe, it is slightly speckled.  The top layer is slightly lined, tweed looking paper. I stamped the image from the "From the Desk of" that I won in the February Winter Thaw challenge on this DP. I colored this one up (colors below), and then cut it out with the Deckle Nestie and edged with the W00, W1 and W3 Copic. The dark green DP and Blue DP I cut out with the same Nestie and edged again with the W00, W1 and W3 Copics. The Last DP is the big floral one in the background and it is also edged (airbrushed) with the W00, 1, 3. The bow is made out of Ivory ribbon I recently got from Flourishes. Iw is nice and sweet and soft. I like it a lot.

Copics Used:

B91, 93 - Vase, Ribbon, Pen
E50, 51, 53 - Papers
YG93, G94, 99 - Leaves and centers of flowers
R81, 83, 85 and E93 for the flower petals. After I was done with them, I went back into the centers with a Wine multiliner and added the thin dark streaks.

I will say that it was a little weird coloring on the DP. It soaked up REALLY fast, and bled a little, so had to be really light with the touch.

OK... This is my last card to go up this weekend. Time for more cold meds! Hope you all have a great week and thanks for stopping by.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This is so classy and elegant! I love all the beautiful DPs together and your image is lovely (and colored beyond awesome). Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Image is so pretty and your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete