Friday, March 18, 2011

Think Pink!

Hey all!!! I am so happy to be typing this on my new computer! YAY. My old one got to the point that I could not be on the internet AND be on my e-mail at the same time. YIKES. This one is super fast on the uploading of pictures and that is so exciting to me. Plus my ultimate favoritist thing ever is that it has a fingerprint reader for logging into websites, etc... I love to log out just to log back in with it. My husband says it will get old soon... but it hasn't yet.

So my first card to post is for the In a Sweet Pea Dream "Pink Challenge". I used a stamp called "Radiant Butterfly".

The background paper is the Old World Stack from DCWV, and the bow was made from a BowEasy. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado.  I colored her up with my Copics.

For colors I used BG70, 72, 75 and 78 for her hair. I am really really happy with the way her hair turned out. I layered all the colors before I began to blend. When it came time to blend... I used the BG72 primarily for the blender, except in the lightest areas where I went back to the 70.  I also used a bit of these on the butterflies.

For the PINK part which for this IS the most important in this challenge - I used the R81, 83, 85, 89. These are some of my favorite colors for pink. These blend so very well!!!

The gold is Gold Spica, and the blacks are all cool greys. So on a side note... how do you spell grey? Is it grey or gray? I was told both were correct from a technical standpoint... but that gray is the American way of spelling it, and grey is the English way. Ok... I am born and bred in the US and I find myself spelling it grey. All I can figure was it was from reading my Mimi's Barbara Cartland novels when I was in Jr. High!

Thanks for stopping by. I am so looking forward to the next week. I hope you stop back by again soon!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. She turned out so beautiful - your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delectable creation! How wonderful!

    Thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!
    KymKreates
    DT Sweet Pea Stamps

    ReplyDelete