Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bookend Birthday Cards!

I have been very busy lately as I have had two big birthdays to make cards for. My mother's birthday was a week ago, and my oldest daughters birthday was last night. Two more different types of cards you cannot imagine.

The first card I made for my mother. I have this Kraftin Kimmie stamp with the lady sewing a quilt and so I used that and colored it up with BG7x series, E7x, YG9x and  B9x series primarily. The Paper is Old World DCWV, and the other stamps used were Darcies that I stamped with Versafine and clear embossed on a slightly beigeish grey paper. I then followed a tutorial on SCS for a stair step card. What is weird is after I colored it and put it together, I remembered I had these extra little embellies... and then discovered that the spools of thread matched EXACTLY the colors. WEIRDNESS.

My second Birthday card is for my daughter and is using my lovely Bombshell Sacred Hearts and Sugar skulls. YAY. I colored with Cx greys, R2x and B2x. I then cut them out, and then used Crystal Effects on the top to make them shiny! I stamped on black paper the sugar skulls with Imprintz White, and embossed with white. I mounted the heards on the top of this. Then on the inside I repeated the excercise, and stamped in black on white the sugar skulls. YAY... I had a birthday card for my daughter!



What did I say - VERY different!  Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you all again really soon!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh what FUN!! Love them all! I just got got that Kraftin' Kimmie image and recently used it as well, but I like yours much more. And of course I love the bombshell! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaine,
    I love both cards - they are awesome - each in their own way. Of course, they are colored wonderfully too!

    ReplyDelete