Thursday, April 28, 2011

Brighter Days

I got my new Flourishes stamps a couple of days ago. LOVE them. The boots were just so cool, I had to have them.

I don't do a LOT of masking but I get the urge once in a while. I stamped the Boots first, and then I used post its to protect the areas I didn't want stamped over. I then stamped the bucket and tulips and followed that up with the tulip blooms on the other side. I really like how the image was so easy to mask.
I started coloring the boots first (colors below), then I colored the leaves, then the bucket, then the ground and then the flowers. I want to talk little bit about the bucket and the flowers and how I did them. The Bucket I started coloring with the Cool Greys. Covered the entire thing with C0, then went over a little on the edge with C1, C3 and C5. Just a small bit and blended in. Then I used the C0, and I picked up using tip to tip a little E08 and used that in the deep back edges. For the middle rusty look I added a bit of E04 with tip to tip and had those streaked a little in the center.  For the flowers, I did a similar thing. I used the Yellows and layered them how I wanted (Y11 all over, 13, 15 closer to the edges of some of the petals, and then also darker toward the base), Then I used Y11 and picked up from the cap of the R11 and R14 and added the streaked coral to the tips of the petals and dragged it down toward the middle of the petals. 

Ok. so to finish it up, I added the Paper Studio paper and (Adhesive Simplicity). I matted the main image in black. I also masked another stamp from Flourishes to split up the sentiment. I stamped in Versafine, clear embossed, and then matted those in black and placed them on the card. 

Easy Peasy. Really. Masking is sometimes seen as hard with intricate cutting, but it doesn't have to be. It can be fairly quick and simple.

Copic Colors Used -
Flowers - Y11, 13, 15, R11, 14, YG11, 13, 17
Bucket - C0, 1, 3, 5, E08, E04
Ground - E11, 13, 15
Sky - B0000
Boots - B12, 14, 16, 18, G12, 14, 16, V12, 15, 17

Thanks for taking a gander at my blog today. Can't wait to see what creativity this weekend brings!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Very bright and pretty. And yes, I love the boots too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. In fact, your card inspired me to order the stamp set from Flourishes last week. I'be been looking for a pair of wellies to put on a card and this stamp set is perfect. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I love this. Those wellies are sooooo cute and perfect with the tulips and the watering can. You colored them all beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete