Saturday, April 30, 2011

Orchids

These new Flourishes Orchids stamps are gorgeous. But let me tell you they were very hard to color the rirst time. I looked up many photos of Orchids. And this is the my first finished one. I took several tries at different colors and then decided on this color scheme.

I started on the edges with RV63, and then added some RV66 to darken. I went back over with RV63 and went toward the center, leaving some white areas. I went back over it and blended into the white areas with RV00. For the inner petals I did the edges again with the RV63. Then I started in the center with Y11, 13, 15 and went out toward the edge. After that I went inside the line of the RV63 with RV69 and feathered and streaked into the yellow with that. I outlined the very center of each flower with the RV69 and the inside is the RV63. The leaves are YG61, 63, 67.

Thanks for stopping by. Going to go stamp up some sexy ladies next I think. See you soon!!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Well it may have taken you several tries, but you certainly figured it out. Gorgeous card. Looks just like the orchids from last month's orchid show at the botanical garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Alaine! I'm not an orchid expert, but I DO know a gorgeous flower when I see it and these are stunning! You coloring is awesome, but you already knew that ;D That black swirly die cut thingie is fabulous, too. What is that?

    BTW, thanks much for the well-wishes on my blog and I can't wait until May 22nd...lol! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You!!!

    @ Cheryl - that is the new Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally gorgeous. Orchids are difficult to grow too. I've killed several of them.

    ReplyDelete