Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hump Day Hop!!!!

HEY THERE!!!! I am so excited because it is the last Wednesday of the month, and that means the Bombshell Hump Day Blog Hop! WOO HOO. If you arrived here from Stempelientje's blog, you are ON THE RIGHT TRACK... if not, hop over to the Bombshell Blog to start with, because you don't want to miss this wicked theme.  Bombshell Alison - Our HHL (Hump Hop Leader) has challenged us to Goth up our Bombshell Stamps for this blog hop. You might think that was easy, but OH My!!!! Mine kept wanting to go to the Oscars or something. So this was as close as I could get her - a fancy Goth.

Now, you may say - something doesn't look quite right. I have never seen that particular stamp. You would be CORRECTAMUNDO. I took 3 different stamps to make this particular lady up. The first was the ever versatile and lovely Bombshell Angel. But I have to say the flower in her hair kept screaming Goth Faker!  So I used her only as the base - ok - basically the shoes are hers. :-)... The outfit is a Digi Stamp called "Evening Bombshell" that has three great outfits. The head  came from "A Pirates Life" .
This lovely lady was colored up with Copics.  I added some tattoos in various spots on her body (some may be in unmentionable places LOL). The skin is E50, 51, 53 and her hair is B02, 05 and black. Her outfit is colored in shades of C. I think I used everything from C00 to C9 somewhere on here.  On her dress I did two things. For the "bodice" I used a Copic multiliner to add lace. I also added more delineation of the bodice.  For the shawl, I wanted it to be sheer... So I colored her arm underneath, and added a bit of a line to indicate the arm. I then used very light C00, C0 and C1, and a little C3. I shaded it to make it look like it is doubled up in some areas, and flowy.

Once I was done with her, I cut her out and put her together. I decided that the dress needed to be vinyl or shiny... so I added some black enamel effects and clear crystal accents all over the dress (the black was only at the cinch of the bodice).
I hope you all liked my contribution to the hop. Now you need to get hopping along to visit the other ladies blogs. Your next stop is at Emily's - but if you get lost along the way here is the entire Hip Hopping Group!!!


Bombshell Blog
Alison
Kelli
Sparkly Engineer
Sugar
Meredith
Jennie
Mary G.
Milo
Cheryl
Stempelientje
Alaine YOU ARE HERE!!!
Emily
Dawn
Kathi

I hope you come back this weekend... Operation Write Home is having a Memorial Day Blog Hop (see the button on my sidebar) and I have another lovely Bombshell all dressed up for the occasion!!! See you soon!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh my heck. This is perfection. I love everything about it. All the details are amazing. I especially love how you did her translucent shawl and the lace on her bodice.

    Wow. Really. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful card. Goth goes glam. I love how the mixed up the bombshells to create her. So much attention to detail. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alaine! What can I say? Perfection! I love so many things about this card I don't even know where to start! First of all, love your Dr. Frankenstein impression and how you pieced different Bonbshells together to create just the right goth gal. Also, the lace bodice, the shawl, the tats...everything is amazing! I could go on forever...LOL! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Frankenstein, you have created a woman. Love all the parts and pieces as well as the glam goth feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is absolutely incredible. Thank you so much for explaining the steps you took to get such terrific results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is really gothy and wonderful! You did an amzing job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alaine!Great job!! You know,first thing that went through my mind when I saw your card was: The Addams Family!!You did very well on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow Alaine!! YOU ROCK!!!! I am in awe. I love that you switched her head up! The coloring of her shawl is just unbelievable!! Her makeup is off the hook!! WOW WOW and WOWWWWWWW! Amazing my friend!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gal is totally a bombshell for sure! You did an amazing job taking the pieces and creating the perfect image. Her outfit is very glam/goth - love her tats!!

    ReplyDelete