Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sprakly Serenity

Hey Weekend peeps. Well I have to say so far it is a pretty good weekend - had my nails done, Oklahoma walked all OVER tu, and the Aggie game is on tonight.  So it is all good. Including this fun card I made last night and finished today, and WHOOP it works for the Kraftin Kimmie challenge today which is to Sparkle and Shine. So Coolness abounds!


The paper is DCWV Once Upon a Time Collection and has a lot of sparkly shiny pieces as you can see. I also added stardust sakura to the flute, and her hair ties.  And last - the With Love charm is all shiny and pretty.

But the best part of this for me was the coloring. I had a blast coloring her up, and layered lots of different colors. I was a little inspired by the paper that had different color layers layered on top of each other.

The Green part of her gown was BG10, 11 and a little 13. But I went over it with G40 to brighten it a bit.  The bluish purple was colored with B60, 63, 66, and again I went over it after with RV0000 to add some other tones to it. The E50, 51, 53 was her skin, and I used the RV000 again to add some tones to her face. Her hair was Y21, 23, 26 with a little E04, while her belt was E04 with RV34 for the shadows.  I used the purpley blue again on her eyes and flowers in her hair bows.

I am really starting to dig the B60, 63, 66. I didn't use much of this in the past, but I am loving the colors now. Not sure why.

OK. Off to be doing some more Crafty things. Have a great weekend! I plan on it!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous coloring job. I love the sparkly bits. I'm learning so much from reading your blog posts.

    I love the B60 series too, but that's because I love periwinkle blues...

    ReplyDelete