Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mushroom School

Hey all. I got a wild hair and just started looking through stamps today. No clue what I wanted to color. Not much was jumping out at me. Until I came across my old Cornish Heritage Farms Mushroom Lane stamps. They are ADORABLE stamps, and I decided I needed to make a little red schoolhouse.


I looked up some red mushrooms and found all sorts with little white dots on them. OK. Call me weird, but I really thought that those little red mushrooms with white dots were just made up whimsical things. They actually exist. WOW. Ok... so I decided after I colored my red mushrooms that I had to add the little white dots. Once I had colored it (colors below), I started digging through my DCWV stacks. I have this one stack (the Green stack) that has all sorts of cutesy things in it - including mushrooms and owls and stuff like that. This paper was in there. So I cut out my mushroom (leaving a LITTLE bit of white around it (not what I usually do), and then added it to this sheet. Afterwards I used my Nestie to make the tag out of another paper in the pack, and mounted both of these on red.

The colors I used are:
E40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 47
G40, 43, 46
R32, 35, 37, 39, 59
Y35, 38
BG000
W1, 3, 4, C5
B41
Copic White for the dots.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you back again soon!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love it. Great coloring and design.

    Mushroom houses are soooo whimsical and fun. They're great with fairies and other "twee" things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot I even had one of those stamps myself. They are fun and your card is very cute. Just remember not to eat the cute little red and white mushies. The really aren't healthy for you.

    ReplyDelete