Saturday, January 21, 2012

Traditional Wedding Gown

Hey there lovely friends!!! I got in my "new to me" stamps from Bombshell the other day, and one of the ones I got was the gorgeous Lucky Bride. She reminds me of the lovely Spanish brides. Traditionally, the Spanish Wedding Gown was black, so I colored her up in lovely black satin. Then I added a touch of red to dress it up.  The greys are C1, 3, 5, 7, 9, the reds R22, 24, 29, 39. Her skin is E00, 11, 13 and her veil is BG0000 and E50. I chose t5o try to go pretty simple with just the silver paper behind and then adding the black bow with white flower and pearls.  The hose were a little plain, so I chose to try to mimic the swirls from the veil on her hose... and make it look like lace there as well.

I am entering this in a few challenges this week.

My Sheri Crafts Challenge - #77 New Things - - the stamp is NEW!
Drunken Stampers Challenge - #81 Love - The hearts are on there, and it is meant to be a bridal card
SCS Friday Free for All - Have a Heart or Two - - There are hearts on the fan
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday - Have a Heart

Hope to see you all back here again soon! Have a great rest of the weekend.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous with fantastic coloring!

    I love this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning, your copics colouring is superb, just bought my Copics and getting to grips with them, fab card, thanks for joining us at SSDS this week, Karen DT SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black is so hard to color and you did it beautifully. Learned something new today too about the Spanish brides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful! Your coloring is exquisite! So many folks don't do black very well, but you nailed it! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!! Thank You for playing along with us @ My Sheri Crafts!! I am a new follower!

    Letillia
    divaof5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING!! Great image, great coloring, great card!!! Thanks for joining us at SSDS!!!
    Tammy, SSDS DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Great coloring and lovely color scheme! Thanks for playing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete