Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Up the flagpole!

Hey there all. Glad to see you back. This time it is to celebrate Bombshell Stamps Ms. June's pinup challenge. Crafty Pink Anchor (aka Kim) is Ms. June and she has challenged us to "Raise Yer Flag"! There are so many ways you can interpret this, but I decided to use a Bombshell Stamps Freebie (to Nesletter subscribers) and the Ahoy Sailor stamp set.


The blues are B21, 23, 26, 29 and 39. Coloring around all those stars was tricky!!!!! The reds are R22, 24, 27, 29 and 39. The yellows I started out with a base of  Y11, and colored over with Y23, 26, 28. The greens are G21, YG23, 25, G28 and the skin is E000, 00, 11, R20.

I used one of the Grand Nestabilities and cut out the white cardstock and then scored it in half. I did the same with one size larger in the blue. I layerd those up and then placed the flag with the sailor insert inside it. Once done I added a bit o bling with the gold pearlies.

Now I really encourage you all to pop over to the Bombshell blog and check out all the other inspiration the ladies have for you. And you really should try your hand at this challenge. You enter, and you can win free rubber... and this one is so easy, because there are four digital flag stamps just waiting for you if you subscribe to the newsletter. I mean, you use free stamps to make the card and the possibly win free stamps for making a card with free stamps. Where is the bad in that?!!!! F-R-E-E!!!!!

See you back here again soon.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. OK. I love, Love, LOVE this.

    Gorgeous coloring, great use of the freebie digital flag stamp, and great use of a die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love the patriotism!

    ReplyDelete