Sunday, September 9, 2012

P squared Challenge - Piece and Punch

Hey there guys! Nice to see you back - or hopefully nice to see some new faces too. I created this card for the Kraftin Kimmie Piece Out challenge.

As the name implies, the challenge was to Piece part of the image you made. As I was contemplating the paper to use, I saw that Basic Grey also had a challenge this week to "Punch It". Well that was providence. I must combine challenges.

I used the Basic Grey Oxford paper for her pants, top, headband and scrunchie. I then used the same two papers to punch some flowers out, and then another Basic Grey in the background.

I colored her in standby skin colors of E000, 00, 11 and R20. Then I layered on her outfit. For shading on the outfit I used the N2 to add some deepness. For her hair I used Y00 as the base, and then E13, 15, 18. Her Ipod, toe betweeney things and washcloth are RV52, 55. For the washcloth I did most of it in the RV52, then I added a teensy tiny bit of the RV55 at the bottle and where her foot is sitting. Then... I went crazy with the colorless blender and dotted and dotted and dotted... to make it have this faded look.  It looks kinda soft and wooshy to me. :-)

OK... Thanks for coming. I have already gotten two of my cards done for Bombshell this month - I am ON A ROLL... So make sure you tune in on Wednesday to CHECK OUT THE DT's work for the Sketch Challenge.   Oh - and you have a little bit of time still to apply to be a Pin-Up for the next term. The designs are really cool and extremely versatile. You should try!!!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous job paper piecing and punching.

    Your coloring is wonderful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeouss card, I love the colours and papers, your design is fabulous and your adorable image are so brilliantly paper pieced.

    A fabulous card, I love the honeycomb design which is stunning with the Kioshi papers.

    hugs Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us the
    Basic Grey challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, a great design and colours, your image is adorable and such brilliantly paper pieced.

    A fabulous card, I love the honeycomb design which is stunning with the Kioshi papers.

    hugs Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us the
    Basic Grey challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is awesome, Alaine!! Your paper piecing is fabulous and so is your coloring! Fantastic card and LOVE how it turned out! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie this week!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! this is such a gorgeous card,love the colours/papers and
    she is coloured really lovely too.
    Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,
    hugs Lou and the DT.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Alaine! This is such a great image! Now I've got to add it my list of items to put in my KKS shopping cart ;D The paper piecing is fabulous. I just adore her pajama pants. Where can I get some of those? Lovely work as always, lady! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. So gorgeous design. This must be so easy for you to design for the Plastic card company if you want to join. I really appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete