Saturday, September 22, 2012

Purple and Green And Black - Oh My!

Bombshell Angel for this card along with Halloween Costume Outfits. I love these outfits... especially this caped one. Gorgeous, and a lot of fun to color up (more on that later). The background print is not printed paper, but black paper with VersaMark stamped image from the Bombshell Patterns stamps, then embossed with purple and green embossing powder. I mounted these on sparkly green paper, and then on black card base.

I colored her up with all sorts of pretty puples and greens. For the purples I used a standard V12, 15, 17, 09. But for the greens I got a little more adventurous. That is YG13, 25, 67. I tend to color light to dark. So I start by coloring all the light colors in first, and layering on the dark and going back over it. For the Green on her dress I tried to make it a little more smooth, where the purple lining I wanted a little bit of texture, so I did a lot of streaking motions on this one. For some reaosn I picture the inside of this cape as royal purple velvet.
Entering this in the MarkerPop Challenge for Anything!!! (cuz this is anything!)
 
Thanks for popping by. Hope to see you again soon.

Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Nicely done Alaine! I love purple and green together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my is right! Alaine, this is fabulous!!! I love the green and purple together. It really pops with the black! Gorgeous coloring and great layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. I love everything about it.

    Guess who else has been on a purple and green kick?

    ReplyDelete