Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ms. February's Red and Gold Challenge

Hey there y'all. It is that time again - Time for Ms. February's Pin Up challenge over at Bombshell Stamps. Ms. February is the talented Christine. She has challenged us to use red and gold on our cards.


My attempt at this challenge was to use Bombshell Angel with Halloween Costume to create this lovely lady on fire for a night out at some award show - or on the red carpet. Maybe a gold carpet. :-)

I used a fairly new technique for me. I am new to Distress Inks, and went to a class the other day. What I did was stamp yellow and red blocks on my Kitchen Aid Silicone mat. Then spritzed it with water, and then mushed this tag into it. You do it a couple of times with drying in between and you get this mottled look.You can't see it here, but it has a shimmery look to it because my final step was to spritz it with Glimmer Mist Iridescent Gold instead of water.

I colored her with R2x and a bit of R39, and Y11 base with Y2x for the gold.

Now - this is a REALLY easy challenge to take part in. Why - because the theme is so wide open! Just use Bombshell Stamps, and color red and gold. SNAP! You are done.  And if you don't have any Bombshell stamps - sign up for the Bombshell Newsletter and BOOM you get access to some freebies. :D

OK... Heading out now, but be sure to check out what the other Bombshell's have stirred up for you!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment