Saturday, March 16, 2013

A little bit LATE. Sorry!

Between "Allergies" which I have now decided is in actuality a very awful cold, and work and having to head to a Color Guard competition today, I have fallen a little behind on my posting. This was SUPPOSED to go live this morning.

Sassy Studio Designs is sponsoring the Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge this week.  And the challenge is Anything Goes. Sassy Has some AMAZING images that work extremely well for children's cards.  I decided to use Sailor Honey for this card. It reminds me of my daughters school mascots (Admirals) - they always have an Anchor on their shirts, etc...


I colored honey with the Blue and white theme in mind. Her skin is YR000, 00 and E11. Her hair si E23, 25, 27, 29 and then Y21 layered in. Her outfit and eyes are B21, 24, 26, 29 and the anchor is C1, 3, 5.

I really loved doing this one. The Ahoy there was printed out on my laser printer, and then everything was cut out and layered. The blue ribbon is glitter ribbon that I had that just happened to match almost perfectly. WHOOP!!!!

Ok... now I am going to go and take some ... ok a LOT of the nighttime, sleepy stuffy head put you in a coma on the kitchen floor medicine. Only I am going to take it in bed so I don't have to sleep on the cold floor.

Also, Don't forget to check out the Yellow Brick Road Blog Hop and Release! It is going on today and tomorrow!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Alaine, how pretty! Beautiful coloring and love that sentiment. Great sparkle ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete