Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Diamond in the Folds

Hey there friendly people! It is that time of the week again - it is time for Dare to be Sassy Thursday!!!  This week we are challenging you to use fancy folds! That's right - bring out your fanciest folds and share them with us!  
Now, I am willing to try a bunch, so I did my little google search and found this really cool fold on a few sites out there... It is called the Diamond fold Upright card. (If you want to do this google it and you can find several different tutorials on it. The reason I am not sending you to a single site is that I ended up using two or three different instructions to get what I wanted - Sorry).
This is so very cool.... the only drawback is that I had to paperclip it to keep it together. Luckily you can paper clip the interior folds, and it was not visible. 


For my image selection I chose the beautiful Effie Trinket image, and colored her in shades of Pink and Grey. I even added a touch of pin k to her hair. I tried to mimic her makeup from the movie... So she has a LOT of pink eyeliner. Her outfit is RV63, 66, 69, and the greys are C1, 3, 5, 7. Her hair is Y00, Y32, and a touch of RV00. Once I had her completed, I cut her out and added her to the front of the card. I added a bit of bling... but then I thought she needed a bit more - so I added the frame around her.

Now - go ahead and check out what the rest of the Sassy team has in the way of inspiration over at Sassy Studio Designs Blogspot. Then what are you waiting for? TRY YOUR HAND at it!!!! You never know - the next winner could be you!

Photobucket



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Alaine - Effie looks fabulous, and this is such an elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaine, this turned out beautifully. I love how you colored Effie. Great job on her makeup. Love the fold you used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN fold, Alaine!!! Beautifully colored!!!

    ReplyDelete