Saturday, February 1, 2014

Choose Happy - With Butterfly Sprinkles

Hey there.... Just sitting around coloring and having some fun. I have had this image for a while, and wanted to color it, but just never got to it. When I am trying to decide what images to color, I usually just pull out a ton of stamped or printed images and start flipping through them and see what interests me that day. Finally, this one screamed out for me to color.
This image is Bonsai Tree designed by Carmen Medlin for SCACD Digital.  I went with less saturated colors for this.  The trunk is E70 base, with E71, E74 and E77 are used in the darker areas. Once done I added a bit of YG63 to it to make it a little less one dimensional in the color area.   The cherry blossoms are RV0000  base with R81 starting at the center of the blossoms and feathering out. Then I added R83 to the darker areas. The more tight the buds, the darker I tried to make them.  The leaves are YG61, 63, 67 as is the moss in the pot.   The pot is C3, 5, 7, 9.

The final touch on here was the stardust gelly roll. I added that to some of the blossoms and to the design on the pot. However, you cannot see them in any of the pictures I took. :-(  I think I need some photography lessons from my brother... or just have him come and set up a picture place for me and I just won't move anything ever again. :-)

After this, I found some paper. I loved the simplicity of the pink and silver and black paper. The sentiment is from the (shocker) "Choose Happy" set. :-) I stamped it with Versafine and clear embossed it.  The final touch is the Butterfly Chipboard.  Each "butterfly" is two pieces of chipboard. The solid one was stamped with embossing ink and then embossed with pink glitter embossing powder. The top one was rub a dub dubbed with Metallic Lustre. I glued them together and then added some crystal lacquer in the holes. 

Voila - - Pink and silver sparkly butterflies. 



OK... that was how I created this card. I am hoping that it stays warm here now. It was a whopping 57 degrees today and we had the windows open. :-)  After being down in the single digits, several snow days, and just dang cold wind, it was really nice to have our windows and big door open for about 30 minutes today... then we got cold and had to shut them. LOL. 

 Hope to see you back here again soon!!!!!!!

Alaine  

1 comment: