Sunday, April 6, 2014

Home is Where the Heart Is



It has been a heck of a week. My daughter competed with her high school at the Winter Guard International Championships - which required a lot of driving over the past three days. WHEW... They did wonderful and got their best score of the season. And we saw some phenomenal guards. Just amazing.  Seriously not sure how the heck they are able to do some of the stuff that they did.

But last night driving home was NUTS... I needed armor. The wind was CRAZY, and pushed us all over the road. And when we got out for gas it was COLD. WHERE THE HECK is spring? Seriously. Where???? Which made me LONG for sunshine. And the beach and ... well not snails... but he seemed so beachy and warm. This is Home is Where the Heart Is from SCACD Digital.

I used R20, 21, 22 for the coral tones, and YR30, 31 for the yellows. The blue greens are BG70, 72. Then I decided to do the sand and sky. But getting in between was difficult, and I had printed it and cut the original image out in a Strange shape. So I fussy cut it out... which cuts some of the details off.

But... I wanted those details. So I printed it another time same size. . . and I colored the background just in a straight strokes over the sky (B0000, 000) and the sand (E30, 31, 33). I went over the image as well. Then I glued the fussy cut image (after inking it with black ink on the edges) over the second image. So it is very slightly raised.

The main image with background was cut out with a Nestie. I then went through and found some pretty DP and added it as the background and details. Added the sentiment colored in the same tones as the main image.. But it wasn't done... it needed glitter and some dark outlining around the image to make it pop. WHOOP.

Now for some relaxation - Watching movies and basketball and coloring some new images while doing it. I LOVE multi-tasking.

I am entering this into the following challenge::

Sketch Saturday

Hope to see you back again soon,

Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment